Friday, October 17, 2014







     New project: I lucked out in that the assignment was more Scanograms, something I've already had an interest in. However, certain limitations restricted me from simply continuing the work I had already done.  So I set out to answer a question: how do you 'write' a prequel to a story set up in a body of photographic work?  One without any clear narrative?  That's what I've tried to do here.  The pieces work on their own, but also form an intricate partnership with my other works; while they are crisp and clean, scientifically precise in their presentation, this is messier, more personal.  These works represent what I do, as a botanist, collecting specimens in the field.  I'm trying to convey a sense of roughness and urgency that's cleaned up between now and the later botanical prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment